Construction: End of August 2023
UBC is enabling the expansion of the City of Vancouver’s Mobi by Shaw Go Bike Share program to the UBC Vancouver Point Grey campus through the installation of five fully-electrified bike share stations.
Starting this week, construction will begin for the first two stations at War Memorial Gym (front entrance) and The Irving K. Barber Learning Centre (east side entrance on East Mall). These on-campus stations will be fully integrated with the rest of the Mobi system so users will be able to ride Mobi bikes and e-bikes between stations on and off campus.
The first two stations are anticipated to be completed by end of August. This project is being funded in part by the BC Active Transportation Infrastructure Grant program and TransLink’s Bicycle Infrastructure Capital Cost Share program. For more information about the program, visit the Campus + Community Planning website.
What to expect during construction
- Fencing around the area for the Mobi public e-bike stations
- Removing pavers, cutting concrete, coring, and electrical work
- Some noise is expected around the area
- Preparation of concrete and pouring concrete.
For questions or concerns regarding the construction, please:
- Project Manager: Elizabeth Meagher | email@example.com
- Facilities Manager (War Memorial Gymnasium): James Bellavance | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facilities Manager (Irving K. Barber Learning Centre): Jeetender Amritsar | email@example.com
For questions regarding this UBC’s bike share program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org