Submit a service request


For immediate assistance, please contact the Service Centre at 604-822-2173.

Service Centre

The Service Centre is the university community’s primary contact center to report any building or land related issues or concerns on campus. Our team of representatives will triage requests and dispatch the appropriate teams to take care of the issue(s).

The Service Centre phone line is available Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 3:30 pm. Outside of these hours, you can leave a message on our voice mail. For emergency situations, your call will be connected through to our shift staff who will answer your call and coordinate a response to the emergency request.

For immediate assistance, please contact the Service Centre and identify the location and issue about a space on campus that needs attention.

For emergencies—such as floods, blackouts, or large leaks—call us at 604-822-2173. We’ll work with you and get the right resources on site.

Facilities Managers

Facilities Managers act as the primary contact person for faculties and departments for any requests, issues or concerns regarding their space. Each building on campus is assigned a Facilities Manager, who is responsible for working closely with faculties and departments to understand their needs and expectations in support of the university’s vision and mission. Facilities Managers have a thorough understanding of the services provided by Facilities and work closely with internal and external service providers and relevant stakeholders to efficiently prioritize work and ensure seamless delivery of services.

You can look up the name and contact information for your Facilities Manager directly or contact the Service Centre at 604-822-2173.

Submit a service request in Planon

For faculty and staff, the best way to contact our Facilities teams to help fix or improve your workspace is to engage your Faculty/Department Building Administrator. Your Building Administrators can help you submit a service request.

For building-related emergencies, such as floods, large leaks and blackouts, anyone can call the Service Centre at 604-822-2173.

How to submit a Service Request in Planon?

Service requests are managed through Planon and requests submitted by faculty and staff can be monitored through Planon My Requests.

To submit a service request in Planon, you will need to have a CWL account and Service Requestor access in Planon. If you do not currently have service requestor access, you can be set up in the system by completing a Planon access form. To request access to Planon, submit a ticket to the UBC IT Self-Service Portal and attach the completed Planon access form to your ticket.

Access Planon and submit a service request

Download the Planon access form

How do I find out the status of my request?

All service requests submitted by faculty and staff can be monitored through Planon My Requests on the Planon home screen. For faculty and staff without access, the customer service representative responding to your call will attempt to contact you to advise on the status of the work (i.e. complete, in progress, or awaiting parts). For concerns with the progress or quality of the work, please contact your Facilities Manager.

For more information and resources, please visit the Planon page.

The Planon online system is easy to use — training is offered via Canvas on the Workplace Learning Ecosystem (WPL).