UBC will be transitioning to seven new COVID-19 Safety Plans that do not require customization, just implementation, and are applicable UBC-wide. Supervisors across Facilities will work with their respective teams to transition to the applicable plan(s) for their areas.
The new UBC COVID-19 Campus Rules have been updated to reflect the new required guidelines, and a mandatory on-line training module ‘UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning‘ for all staff currently working on or returning to campus must be completed. As part of this process, all existing COVID-19 signage is no longer required in indoor spaces.
UBC COVID-19 Campus Rules
The new COVID-19 Campus Rules have been updated and are framed around Step 3 of the BC Restart plan. These rules are effective immediately based on the Public Health Officer direction to move to step 3 on July 1, 2021, and are applicable until the start of step 4 which is anticipated to begin September 7, 2021 at the earliest.
- Daily health self-assessments: A daily health self-assessment is required before attending campus. Sending your daily health self-assessment confirmation to your supervisor is no longer required.
- Stay home if you are sick: If you feel sick stay home. Use the Thrive Health self-assessment tool for guidance. Follow the advice from Public Health.
- Mandatory training: All faculty and staff currently working-on or returning to campus must complete the mandatory online training module ‘UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning‘ training.
- Signage: Everyone must follow relevant signage when moving around UBC campuses or worksites.
- COVID-19 safety plans & communicable disease plans: Supervisors will ensure that all faculty, staff and contractors are familiar with the latest guidance from the Provincial Health Officer as it relates to their work areas.
- Non-medical masks: Non-medical masks are recommended in indoor common spaces for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination is not required. You are fully vaccinated 14 days after your second dose of vaccine.
To view the full UBC COVID-19 Campus Rules, visit the SRS website: https://srs.ubc.ca/campusrules
FACILITIES REFERENCE GUIDE: The quick reference guide highlights key changes from previous safety plans and campus rules for UBC Facilities staff.
UBC COVID-19 Signage
Starting this week, Custodial Services will begin removing COVID-19 related signage in all indoor spaces in buildings. This includes floor decals, seat decals, and posters.
All current signage should be removed by July 16. If you notice any signage that have been missed, please let us know and we will have them carefully removed.
Following the removal of signage, Campus Security will be installing the updated UBC COVID-19 Campus Rules signage on building entrances.
- The following signage will be REMOVED:
- Do Your Part signs
- Non-medical mask
- Occupancy limit
- Washroom restrictions
- Physical distancing
- Directional arrows
- The following signage will REMAIN:
- Updated UBC COVID-19 Campus Rules
- Washing your hands stickers affixed in washrooms
- Cover your cough posters
- To view the updated signage, visit https://srs.ubc.ca/signage
Thank you for your ongoing patience and adaptability, and for continuing to show teamwork and kindness. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank those who have always been on campus throughout the pandemic. While some restrictions have been lifted, everyone’s comfort levels may be different. Please continue to communicate with your team members and customers, and respect everyone’s personal choices.
For more information on UBC’s COVID-19 Safety Framework, please visit the SRS website: srs.ubc.ca/covid-19
For questions or additional guidance, please contact your supervisor or email@example.com.
Take care and stay safe,
Associate Vice-President Facilities