Building Operations’ Custodial Services is keeping your facility clean and regularly sanitizing high traffic and high touch-point areas. Routine cleaning is scheduled daily, as per regular operations, and continues to follow industry cleaning standards ISSA Canada and APPA Leadership in Educational Facilities, which are a blended approach designed to manage risk and cleaning standards during COVID-19.
Please provide Building Operations a minimum of five business days advance notice prior to submitting a request to reopen your building/space. This will allow our teams to more effectively schedule and prepare your space for safe reoccupancy.
Custodial Services cleaning will take place on weekdays only. The following shift schedule can be accommodated:
- Buildings that have UBC Executive approval for use: Buildings are accessible from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Buildings must be vacated by 6:00 p.m. for proper cleaning.
- Buildings that have labs with 1-shift per day: Buildings are accessible from 7:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Buildings must be vacated by 6:00 p.m. for proper cleaning.
- Buildings that have labs with 2-shifts per day: Buildings are accessible for Shift 1 from 7:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and must be vacated by 12:00 p.m. For Shift 2, the building is accessible from 3:30 p.m.–8:00 p.m. and must be vacated by 8:00 p.m. The buildings must be vacated between shifts to allow for proper cleaning. Up to 120 lab spaces can be cleaned in this three-hour window.
- High-touch-point areas in main corridors, elevators and stairwells are cleaned at least twice per day over a 24-hour period.
- Hand sanitizing stations located at the main entry for each building are refilled by Building Operations. The main entry is where the building’s name signage is located.
Keeping UBC safe and clean is a shared responsibility.
- Laboratories: Building Operations is not responsible for cleaning any laboratory equipment and will not be using cleaning products on laboratory counters.
- Offices: Offices are cleaned at night once every two weeks.
- Washrooms: Washrooms are cleaned at least twice per day over a 24-hour period.
- Workstations: Desktops and personal items will not be cleaned by Custodial Services. We encourage individuals to clean these items regularly.
- Classrooms: Classroom cleaning will include wiping down high-touch point surfaces (door handles, table tops). AV equipment will be wiped down daily by AV technicians, including:
- Touch panel or wall control panels, keyboard & mouse, document cameras.
- Lectern counter top.
- Microphone (belt pack, lav mic capsule and cable) and the replacement
of microphone windscreen.